BASIC PROJECT DESCRIPTION
STEPS – This instructs you step by step on the procedures to follow so you may successfully complete this project.
1) Select a high interest animal portrait. Snarling animals are suggested. IT MUST BE AN ACTUAL, LIVING ANIMAL! NO FANTASY/SCI-FI, CARTOONS, DINOSAURS, ETC!
2) Complete a light line drawing that is accurate and uses up at least ¾’s of the paper surface.
3) After viewing the slides of this project, begin drawing in the contour lines that will be used as guides for your wrapping. A weaving type style/pattern is required on this project. The "wrapping" should vary in length and width. This should be done to both create contrast in the weaving as well as work with the patterns of dark and light in your original image.
4) Once all the pencil work is completed, carefully go over the lines with pen and ink. Fill in the negative spaces with ink.
5) Begin shading the wrapping with your pencil. Think of how the light would work with the bottom, middle and top wrapping. BE CAREFUL NOT TO SMEAR YOUR WORK.
6) Complete your drawing by completing lifelike eyes and possibly teeth using colored pencils.